See a Sample Mortgage Transactions Record
- Input Date: This is the date the record was typed into Record Information Services' database. Not to be confused with the date of transaction, or date of record.
- Date of Record: The date the record was filed at the recorder's office
- Document Number: The number referencing filing document. Not to be confused with the loan account number.
- Parcel Number: The postal code assigned to the property for mailing.
- First Name and Last Name: The name of the individual who purchased the property.
- Interest Rate: This is identified on only 15-20% of all records.
- Mortgage Date: The date the mortgage closed.
- Mortgage Due Date: End of the mortgage term.
- Lender Name Code: B = Bank; M = Mortgage Company; F = Financial Institution; CU = Credit Union
- Mortgage Type: L=Line of credit; 1=1st Mortgage
- Rate Type: F=Fixed; V=Variable
- FNMA: If marked, then this mortgage is a Fannie Mae-backed mortgage.
- Section, Township, Range, Meridian: Identifies geographical locations of the property.
- Telephone: Usually available on around 40% of records. Scrubbed against the "Do-Not-Call List" bi-monthly.
- Beneficiary Information: The beneficiary of a mortgage loan is the lender.
- Property Type: Residential, Condo, Townhome, etc. Counties did not identify property type on documents until Oct. 2002.
- Race: This is subjective in nature - does not appear on the actual record.
- Buyer ID Code:
- SP = Single Person Single Male
- SW = Single Woman
- MW = Married Male
- MP = Married Person
- MW = Married Woman
- HW = Husband/Wife
- O = Other
- CO = Company or Corporation
- LV = Living Trust
- TR = Trustee
- WD = Widow or Widower
- ID = Individual
- AK = Also Known As
- RT = Revocable Trust
- LTV: Loan-to-Value is the amount the homeowner owes Vs. what the property is worth. For example, if the property's value is $100,000 and the homeowner put down $20,000, then the LTV is 80%.
- Down Payment: This will only appear here if it was on the record.
- Percent Down: This will only appear here if it was on the record.
- DNC Date: DNC is the National Do Not Call List. This is the date this phone number was last scrubbed against the Do-Not-Call List. We scrub our records twice monthly. You will only see a date here if there is a phone number on the record.
- Do Not Call: If there is a phone number on the record, and the individual is on the Do Not Call List, then you will see a Y here for Yes.
- X & Y: Identifies the latitude and longitude coordinates of the property.
- Most Current Record: Indicates a Y here if it is the most recently filed real estate transaction on file.
- 80/20: 80/20 is a mortgage that is 100% financed. For example the homeowner financed his down payment as well as his regular mortgage.
- Census Tract: The census is conducted by the US Census Bureau every 10 years. It identifies certain geographic areas by census tract and census block. The census track reflects median numbers when it comes to age and income. It is a generalization about a specific area, not by any means an exact science or number.
- Census Age and Income: When selecting an income range, those numbers will reflect a median household income, not an average of the census tract area. The median age is identified by using the census block as a benchmark which does reflect a more accurate picture of a geographic area.
All content copyright © 1997 -
2015 by Record Information Services, Inc.
This Page Powered by:
Record Information Services